Why this role is important to us
At SSGA, our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. As one of the world's largest asset managers, we partner with clients to achieve their ESG objectives through our global expertise in ESG research, investment strategy and data analytics.
SSGA provides dedicated ESG products and strategies, research, thought leadership, and implementation guidance demonstrating the firm's commitment to providing both comprehensive and focused ESG solutions to clients. SSGA's ESG team spans various functions covering investments, stewardship, research and data analytics and extends into various asset classes. Further growing the ESG team is a key priority for SSGA.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As ESG Investment Specialist you will
- Be an expert on a variety of ESG themes and topics, and rapidly grow into delivering that expertise to serve clients, empower colleagues and raise SSGA's public ESG profile
- Act as an ESG investment subject matter expert to both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the adoption of SSGA's investment strategies with clients and prospects, in collaboration with client-facing teams, to fuel the growth of SSGA's ESG business
- Contribute to complex projects and help conduct ESG related analysis for some of the most sophisticated investors in the world
- Assist with ESG research efforts across investment teams
- Collaborate with and keep internal business partners and clients updated on general ESG industry trends and provide insights on how they affect client goals and our offering
- Contribute to our thought leadership platform and help drive the research agenda on salient ESG and sustainability topics and trends
- Help to manage ESG requests for proposals/ information (RFP/RFI) and due diligence questionnaires
- Contribute to the creation of solutions collateral and general ESG marketing materials
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Analytical with a solid investment foundation, and the ability to formulate strategy to convert ideas into action
- Passionate about ESG issues with experience in dealing with the investment implications
- Highly developed team player, within a multi-cultural environment; someone who is sensitive to complexities within a global business
- Commercially minded
- Self-starter, motivated and driven to succeed; someone who will thrive in a dynamic and entrepreneurial team environment and is results oriented
- Capable communicator (written and verbal), with strong relationship management skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 4+ years of work experience preferably in investment management (ESG specific experience a plus) or with an ESG research/data vendor
- Good understanding of the ESG investing landscape, market trends including a solid understanding of the interplay between investments and ESG frameworks such as the UNSDGs, TCFD, ESG ratings
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills to articulate complex concepts and issues in a compelling, persuasive, fact-based manner
- Interest in working cross-functionally/ geographically and building relationships with investment, sales, operations, marketing and product teams
- Willingness to collaborate with members of the team to achieve group performance targets
- Degree in Finance, Economics, business or similar field
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world's largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors