Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. If this is how you like to work then please read on.
We are looking for a Sustainability Project Manager to work within our team at Head Office Deeside working on a Hybrid basis.
Purpose of the role:
To actively project manage the key sustainability workstreams, (Iceland's plastic free strategy, food waste, carbon, soya).
Ensuring there are plans in place to meet key milestones and that we track and manage progress against those plans. Working with key internal and external stakeholders across all levels to proactively ensure engagement is in place and maintained, the role will also play an integral role in developing and supporting the communication of progress through both reporting and comms. Delivering the ongoing category supplier plastic-free working groups is significant element and critical success factor for the business.
Strong planning, project management and communication, working pragmatically and proactively to deliver excellence and efficiency in all activities are the foundation to the role.
- Continuously reviews current practices to identify areas for potential improvement and building of efficiency in processes operated around planning, project management, comms and reporting.
- Leads the category supplier plastic-free working group work programme ensuring its successful operation for the business and supplier attendees.
- Engages proactively with relevant stakeholders with a pragmatic approach to build shared ownership and understanding of our plans.
- Effectively reviews all supplier plans to ensure we are able to build and manage an overall plastic free plan.
- Tracking progress in plastic, food waste and carbon reduction to assure progress and support communication/reporting.
- Communicates effectively to the business stakeholders on a regular basis relevant targeted KPI's enabling a proactive approach to driving improvement.
- Constantly reviews the approach to planning, project management and communications to highlight deficiencies and agree improvements.
- Builds the right project plans to deliver against our key milestones including annual reporting on both plastic and carbon.
- Constantly works through positive communication and a pragmatic approach build great working relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders and key service providers
- Flexible and agile in approach able to plan ahead, yet react quickly and efficiently to business changes that may occur
- Strategic thinker who always has the long term in focus whilst managing the now, or day to day activities.
- Fresh thinker who brings new ideas and innovation to ways of working to drive change and build improvement.
- Positive thinker who engages within functional team and wider stakeholder group to build buy in, win hearts and minds and forge great working relationships.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Relevant experience in project management and reporting
- Relevant experience with respect to sustainability issues around carbon, packaging and in particular plastic
- An understanding of retail and retail supply chains
- An understanding of the external environment (NGO, voluntary, regulatory) with respect to plastic packaging and carbon
- Commercial mindset with an eye for driving efficiency
- Customer Focussed
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you'll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
- 15% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount
- Free parking onsite
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite
- Discounted gym membership
- Charity fundraising events
- Educational sponsorship
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Long service awards
- Reward & recognition
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!