Director, Sustainability Strategy Execution
Bring your ideas. Make history.
BNY Mellon offers an exciting array of future-forward careers at the intersection of business, finance, and technology. We are one of the world's top asset management and banking firms that manages trillions of dollars in assets, custody and/or administration. Known as the "bank of banks" - 97% of the world's top banks work with us as we lead and serve our customers into the new era of digital.
With over 238 years of rich history and industry firsts, BNY Mellon has been built upon our proven ability to evolve, lead, and drive new ideas at every turn. Today, we're approximately 50,000 employees across 35 countries with a culture that empowers you to grow, take risks, experiment and be yourself. This is what is all about.
We're seeking a future team member for the role of Director to join our CSO Leadership team. This role is located in Washington DC, Hybrid
In this role, you'll make an impact in the following ways:
- Contributing to design and implementation of the Bank's sustainability strategic roadmap and leading high visibility global initiatives and workstreams.
- Identifying business challenges/opportunities and translating them into structured projects that you will lead from hypothesis and design to execution - both independently and as a leader of cross-functional working groups.
- Serving as an expert partner and advisor to the CSO and senior leaders across the Bank.
- Serve as a senior role model and culture carrier for CSO team, manage small team of direct reports, oversee work of matrixed project team members.
- Supporting a culture of learning with both a generosity of expertise and intellectual curiosity.
To be successful in this role, we're seeking the following:
- 12+ years of related experience, 5 years directly related experience leveraging ESG data in the financial sector (banking/asset management or financial experience strongly preferred).
- Bachelor's degree in business, policy or related; advanced credentialing in field related to sustainable finance preferred.
- Experience working horizontally across teams and leading through influence.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal for diverse and senior audiences.
- Enterprise mindset with ability to work effectively in quickly evolving context.
At BNY Mellon, our inclusive culture speaks for itself. Here's a few of our awards:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies & Top 20 for Diversity and Inclusion
- Bloomberg's Gender Equality Index (GEI)
- Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 100% score Corporate Equality Index
- Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion , Disability: IN - 100% score
- 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators, Fast Company
- CDP's Climate Change 'A List'
BNY Mellon offers highly competitive compensation, benefits, and wellbeing programs rooted in a strong culture of excellence and our pay-for-performance philosophy. We provide access to flexible global resources and tools for your life's journey. Focus on your health, foster your personal resilience, and reach your financial goals as a valued member of our team, along with generous paid leaves that can support you and your family through moments that matter. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Underrepresented racial and ethnic groups/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.