GIC is one of the world's largest sovereign wealth funds. With over 2,000 employees across 11 locations around the world, we invest in more than 40 countries globally across asset classes and businesses. Working at GIC gives you exposure to an extraordinary network of the world's industry leaders. As a leading global long-term investor, we Work at the Point of Impact for Singapore's financial future, and the communities we invest in worldwide.
GIC Private Equity
We deploy capital in areas where we can utilise our comparative advantages, namely, a long investment horizon, global presence, sector expertise, as well as skilled, and experienced teams.
Sustainability Solutions Group
The Sustainability Solutions Group (SSG) in GIC Private Equity is the investment group focused on sourcing and investing in companies in climate technology and environmental solutions. The Group focuses on minority growth equity investments, as well as asset/project-level financings across climate technology. SSG has a global mandate and team and an integrated direct and fund investment strategy. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our investment team in San Francisco.
What impact can you make in this role?
You will be part of a team that is one of the largest, and most established private equity investors in the world today.
What will you do as an Associate/AVP?
- You will be involved in sourcing, evaluating, and executing investments in growth equity and asset/project-level financing across the climate technology sector
- Support deal evaluation by building financial models, conducting in-depth research on markets, and conducting financial and commercial due diligence.
- Assist in preparing investment memos and present key findings to investment committee.
- Support negotiations, deal structuring, and legal closings for investment transactions, as well as portfolio management activities thereafter.
- Be part of special projects as assigned from time to time, including stakeholder engagement on climate technology and trends
What qualifications or skills should you possess in this role?
- Good academic qualifications with 4 to 6 years of relevant work experience, preferably consisting of 2-3 years of investment banking or consulting experience, and 2-3 years of infrastructure or private equity investing experience.
- Experience in renewables and climate technologies, energy / power markets, project/infrastructure development and finance, and a science/engineering academic background will be highly regarded.
- Strong commercial judgement and ideally experience in direct investments.
- Strong written and communication skills; good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task (i.e. simultaneously execute and assist on multiple transactions in addition to portfolio work).
- Positive work attitude, high energy candidates with drive, initiative and intellectual curiosity to learn.
Work at the Point of Impact
We need to be forward-looking to attract the right people to help us become the Leading Global Long-term Investor. Join our ambitious, agile, and diverse teams - be empowered to push boundaries and pursue innovative ideas, share your views, and be heard. Be anchored on our PRIME Values: Prudence, Respect, Integrity, Merit and Excellence, which guides us in how we make our day-to-day decisions. We strive to inspire. To make an impact.
Flexibility at GIC
At GIC, our offices are vibrant hubs for ideation, professional growth, and interpersonal connection.At the same time, we believe that flexibility allows us to do our best work and be our best selves. Thus, our teams come into the office four days per week to harness the benefits of in-person collaboration, but have the flexibility to choose which days they work from home and adjust this arrangement as situational needs arise.
We are an equal opportunity employer
As an employer, we passionately believe every individual brings with them unique diversity of thought and perspectives to meaningfully enrich perspectives of GIC teams to drive competitive performance. An inclusive environment yields exceptional contribution.
Our compensation philosophy reflects several principles. We strive to provide a competitive compensation package to attract and retain talent globally. We pay for performance, and reward sustainable results.
Total pay for this position comprises base pay and bonus. The anticipated base salary range for this role is between $131,300 and $216,400.
Bonuses, which may form a meaningful proportion of the total pay package, are determined based on company and individual performance.
Learn more about our Private Equity Department here: