CBRE Global Workplace Solutions is a leading global provider of integrated facilities and corporate real estate management. We are recruiting a Global Head of Sustainability to join a team embedded within a leading financial services client. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the embedded sustainability SME's and their associated programmes of work.
The purpose of the role is to lead the FM related Sustainability programme for a global client operating in the banking sector. Blending client facing strategic engagement and policy development with leading specific ESG related programmes of work, the Global Head of Sustainability will be responsible for leading an ESG based net zero transition team. Operating as a trusted advisor, the Head of Sustainability will engage with the customer and the FM delivery team to shape strategy and define net zero transition workstreams which align with published commitments and mitigate transition risk.
Operating as senior leader, the Head of Sustainability will update on net zero workstream progress towards targets, risk and opportunity registers, and be a facilitator of knowledge alignment between CBRE and client leadership teams.
- Acting as a single point of contact, the candidate will work with the client ESG leadership team, the CBRE Net Zero PMO, and the CBRE contract team to manage the FM Sustainability programme reflecting client targets, compliance with governance standards and regional policy frameworks
- Developing the ambitions of the programme and deploying this via the framework structure with defined terms of reference and supporting governance
- Working with the contract leadership team to prepare and maintain joint risk and opportunity registers signed off by both the Alliance Director and the client representative
- Developing programme targets, defining timelines and measurements of success, reflecting new opportunities and emerging risks which can be evidenced quarterly as part of the governance structure
- Delivering value chain reviews to identify systemic stakeholders, policy risks and opportunities and key dependencies ensuring a feedback loop is established to capture potential oversights
- Working with the CBRE and CS leadership team to evolve the programme of Net Zero initiatives based on steps one to five with a clear timeline and allocated resource including client representation to be signed off by the steering committee
- Management of scheduled review meetings maintaining the governance structure and using this as the gateway for revisions, additions and project sign off
- Manage the interface between the client and the programme SME's ensuring that collaboration and momentum are maintained escalating to the Alliance Director any developing issues which will impact performance
- Support the preparation of business cases for additional Net Zero workstreams identified as activities evolve
- Issue monthly updates to the Alliance Director and E & S Director of the programme progress including changes to the risk and opportunity register
- Manage escalations relating to risks such as KPI's, financial overspends, programme delays, and data gaps
- A Masters degree in a subjects such environmental science, energy management, climate change, sustainability or equivalent through experience
- A broad understanding of all aspects of sustainability within the Real Estate sector and preferably financial or professional services specifically
- Experience of working with GHG disclosure programmes such as SECR, CDP, and GRI
- Experience or understanding of Science Based Targets, RE100, EP100, EV100 and similar
- A systemic thinker with the ability to drive collaboration across a wide range of stakeholders in multiple geographies and with varying competencies
- A competent communicator with the ability to engage on often challenging subjects to develop competencies and generate shared purpose
- Technical competent in understanding complex problems, think strategically and identify sustainable solutions
- Ability to analyse corporate portfolio performance by benchmarking and derive measurements of performance reflecting all aspects of sustainability
About CBRE Global Workplace Solutions:
As one of CBRE's core global businesses, Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) provides end-to-end services to occupier clients across the entire lifecycle of a building. Our teams help companies improve their operations and reduce costs, through expert facilities management, project management, real estate and energy and sustainability services. Our dedicated teams work across all industries, and support clients ranging from global Fortune 500 companies to single, iconic buildings.
CBRE Group, Inc. is the world's largest commercial real estate services and investment firm, with 2019 revenues of $23.9 billion and more than 100,000 employees (excluding affiliate offices). CBRE has been included on the Fortune 500 since 2008, ranking in 2020. It also has been voted the industry's top brand by the Lipsey Company for 19 consecutive years, and has been named one of Fortune's "Most Admired Companies" for eight years in a row, including being ranked number one in the real estate sector in 2020, for the second consecutive year. Its shares trade on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol "CBRE."
Your application will be reviewed by our Talent Resourcing Team and you will be contacted if you have been successful in being short listed for the role.
Taking into consideration the costs of sponsorship, the nature of the role and the financial resources of the account in question, we are unable to offer sponsorship for this role.
No agencies please.
Please note: the job title shown above may be different to local job titles used in our business and issued on any contract of employment.