Overview Looking for an experienced Senior Ethics Manager . The client is a leading is the leading provider of professional services. They maintain a wide client range from members of the Accountancy Age to sole practitioners. They pride themselves on offering their clients a truly personal service.Role: The role is mainly working within a team within the client Audit Quality Directorate. You will be involved in ensuring that the firm operates within a sound ethical environment, is up-to-date and protected in the areas of audit independence and other ethical matters, both in relation to the UK environment and internationally.
- Responding to ethical and independence queries and consultations from partners and members of staff from across the firm where they relate to non-audit services. This involves regular contact with senior members of the firm and resolving their queries accurately, seeking further guidance where necessary.
- Supporting the Ethics Director and Ethics Partner in the design and implementation of systems and controls and in delivering the overall ethics function's strategy.
- Assisting more junior members of the team in projects and in responding to queries.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Maintaining and updating the firm's ethical and independence guidance generally.
- Developing learning materials on ethical matters and carrying out training.
- Assisting the Ethics Director and Ethics Partner in responding to regulator queries.
- Writing articles and other materials on ethical matters for internal and external communications.
- Relevant experience in a similar position applying ethical standards or a similar regulatory framework. Or qualified accountant with some experience of audit and independence.
- An awareness of the ICAEW Code of Ethics and the Financial Reporting Council's Ethical Standard for auditors would be beneficial but is not compulsory. Understanding of regulation and how to interpret and apply rules in a practical way.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral.
- Willingness to work as part of a close-knit team and as a self-directed individual.
- Strong coaching and people management skills.
Benefits: Competitive Salary,