Ethics Manager, Audit Quality, ICAEW, 12 month FTC, Mainly Remote
Ethics Manager required to work for a fast growing, forward thinking business based in Central London. We need someone from a Ethical Standards background or someone working in a similar regulatory framework in this initial 12 month fixed term contract.
In this role you will be:
- Working on 2 big projects in the ethics team, systems that the firm is implementing. They are big projects and getting difficult to manage and implement - ideally need someone who is familiar with ethics, conflicts, audit independence.
- Being someone who can learn quickly, build relationships quickly, be able to take on actions and drive things forward.
- A pro-active character - Internally people have experience around how things work in the firm.
- Not a qualified accountant (but you can be too!)
- Kind of project management, but these projects have big teams and so you will be an important cog in the wheel.
- From a Banking or from a large corporate background (preferred)
- Able to start ASAP, ideally on a 1 month notice period maximum
- Relevant experience in a similar role applying ethical standards or a similar regulatory framework.
- An awareness of the ICAEW Code of Ethics and the Financial Reporting Council's Ethical Standard for auditors would be beneficial but is not compulsory.
- Experience of interpreting regulation and how to apply rules in a practical way.
- An understanding of risk management and conflict of interest principles and how to apply these in practice.
- Strong communication skills - both written and oral - with the ability to communicate and present confidently and professionally with people at all levels.
- The ability to quickly build trusted working relationships with people at all levels.
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively to solve complex problems and drive tasks through to completion.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with experience of working on complex projects.
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.