More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton. Job Description:
In addition, our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our Accounting Advisory Services team sits with the wider Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. The FAAS team was established to help our clients overcome significant challenges, where there could be a potential knowledge/skillset gap or lack of resource. They work directly with Finance teams to help them deliver business critical projects. These can range from more simple issues e.g. year end reporting to working with firms going through more complex issues e.g. IPOs and M&A.
The FAAS team sits within our Advisory (Deals & Business Consulting) division and work closely with a range of clients across different industry sectors. If you are looking to work on an exciting range of projects, then this could be the team for you. For this role, you can expect to spend 50% of your time on wider assurance and 50% on financial and sustainability related projects. Location
: We are looking for this candidate to work with our teams across the UK. There will be a requirement to travel to our client sites across our main hubs Sheffield, Leeds, Manchester, Milton Keynes, Birmingham or London. A look into the role:
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this FAAS Finance Placement Assistant Manager role:
Knowing you’re right for us
- Our Assistant Managers are pivotal to our client engagements and take the lead in delivering our high quality services. This is a client-facing role, and you will be responsible for leading teams on and off-site, delivering technical and non-technical accounting and sustainability reporting projects. Examples of projects you may work on include the preparation of financial statements, training, implementation support for new sustainability reporting standards including TCFD and IFRS Sustainability Standards and advising on the connectivity of financial and non-financial disclosures.
- For the wider assurance work, you will be responsible for delivering client assignments based upon bespoke work programmes, through to drafting written reports.
- We are looking for collaborative individuals with good communication skills that want to work with a diverse client base
- The FAAS team provide a fully-managed service that provides on-demand, expert support to our clients' finance teams. We provide financial and sustainability reporting advisory and project management support across a wide-range of industries from larger SMEs to listed entities with overseas operations. We have a flexible team and great quality people, that our clients love to work with.
- You’ll undertake secondments to support clients through business critical issues.
Joining us as a FAAS Finance Placement Assistant Manager, it would be great if you had some of the following skills and experience, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box as we’ll help you develop along the way.
Knowing we’re right for you
- You will need to be a fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/equivalent) and be passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential.
- Ideally you will have gained your experience in a practice environment e.g. external Audit.
- Financial process and internal systems review and improvement.
- Project management.
- Delivery of statutory accounts preparation and consolidations.
- Preparation of year end 'audit packs' and helping clients to be ready for audit.
- Support in transitioning to new accounting and/or sustainability standards and corporate reporting changes.
- Knowledge of sustainability reporting frameworks and standards such as the Task Force for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD), SASB and ISSB Proposed Sustainability Disclosures Standards would be favourable.
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
If you already work for GT and are interested in exploring an internal secondment within FAAS and keen to hear more about it please find link to a recent article on the intranet by Jo Crowhurst - FAAS AD - who transitioned across previously from Audit.
's-story--How-a-coffee-catch-up-changed-my-career.aspx Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.