Head of Sustainability / ESG (f/m/d)
4 days left
The main responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing and executing the group sustainability strategy and programme through collaboration with senior leadership and departmental managers
- Drafting and implementing suitable organisational policies and procedures relating to sustainability
- Drafting and preparing reports, presentations and proposals for the Chief Executive Officer, board of directors and other key internal stakeholders and attending senior leadership meetings
- Reporting and communicating on sustainability performance for external stakeholders where required
- Maintaining working knowledge of, and ensuring compliance with all applicable sustainability related laws and regulations
- Owning various projects under the sustainability programme
- Achieving and maintaining appropriate sustainability certifications
- Representing the company externally at events and industry bodies where relevant
- Acting as the responsible person for all sustainability matters
- Performing other related duties as required
- The business is made up of 3 business units, each with strong leadership teams who are motivated to lead the next phase of growth in their geographies (Europe, Mexiko, Canada). Each major geography is led by a proven General Manager. The Head of ESG will report to the CEO of NovaTaste and will work closely with the Head of Procurement, Head of Operations and Head of Innovation.
- Critical Thinking - Uses problem solving skills to assist in determining priorities, finding timely solutions to departmental or system-wide issues.
- Collaboration - Successfully collaborates on projects and programs with leadership and other team members.
- Accountability - Takes responsibility for consistent completion and follow-up on departmental jobs and providing excellent service delivery.
- Flexibility - Responsive to change and demonstrates adaptability.
- Positive Approach & Can-do Attitude - Maintains a positive approach while completing daily tasks and when faced with adversity. Encourages and recognizes the contribution of others.
- Strong Interpersonal skills - Excellent relationship building skills and the ability to partner with various levels of management including c-suite.
Previous experience required for the role (10 to 15 years):
- The ideal candidate should bring a track record in leading ESG in a dynamic and global organization.
- Experience in defining, developing, and implementing a forward looking ESG strategy.
- Experience working across multiple countries and regional levels. Skilled in leading ESG teams not yet fully integrated into a global structure and an pragmatic approach to integrate local ESG activities in a global ESG agenda.
- Significant experience as an ESG business leader with a proven ability to act as an advisor to senior leaders on the full spectrum of ESG issues.
- Experience in developing ESG processes and policies.
- Experience in ESG transformation.
- Proven track record in acting as a facilitator of change, bringing a change mindset with a focus on processes and cultural change.
- Previous experience within ingredients, FMCG or NovaTaste's adjacent industries would be preferred, open to industry background.
- Inexpensive lunch in our excellent company restaurant, operated by our award-winning chef
- Attractive employee conditions for the purchase of spices, vinegars, oils, etc. in our store as well as local discounts at various companies
- Physiotherapy with a low deductible, company doctor, company pension scheme, company bicycle
- Flexible working hours through an attractive flexitime model as well as home office option
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes
- Varied field of activity as well as a constructive, productive and very innovative working environment in a successful international company
- Promotion of permanent personal and professional development
- Sufficient, free parking facilities as well as excellent public transport connections and modern office premises
- Remuneration in line with the market with the willingness to overpay, depending on qualifications and experience, gross about EUR 100,000.00 per year on a full-time basis