Group ESG Reporting & Assurance Manager
- Astrum Search
- London / Hybrid
- £75,000 - £85,000 + bonus
- 02 May 2023
- 01 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Assurance, Corporate Governance & GRC, ESG & Sustainability, Environmental, Social & Governance, Sustainability
- Employer Sector
- Consumer Goods & Services, Logistics & Transport, Production, Manufacturing & Operations
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- 0-25% Travel, None
Astrum Search has been retained by our client, a global FTSE 50 business, to recruit a Group ESG & Reporting Manager. This is a critical hire for the business and has been newly created due to the evolving ESG and non-financial reporting requirements.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, you will have the opportunity to make the role your own in order to demonstrate how accurate, timely and insightful reporting of ESG data can drive value for the Group and its shareholders. You will have responsibility for the analysis, reporting and integrity of key non-financial data across the Group, including carbon emissions/climate change, supplier spend data, health & safety and digital KPIs.
You will act as a business and be the function lead for ESG reporting across the Group with considerable opportunity to work across the Group to define reporting requirements, challenge existing processes, develop control activities and analyse output.
The role will ensure that the Group’s processes, controls and governance activities provide comfort to Management, the Audit Committee and Board over the integrity of data. Working with other key stakeholders you will ensure the business is equipped to address current and upcoming UK and international regulatory reporting requirements as they seek to build trust and provide transparency.
- Coordinate the collection, consolidation and on-time reporting of key non-financial data used in external reports to investors and other stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with subject matter experts (Sustainability, Health & Safety, HR etc) to define all KPIs; ensure business areas are clear on definitions and requirements in order to drive consistency across the Group
- Critically examine existing data collection processes for the Group and propose improvements
- Work with all stakeholders centrally and across business areas to promote continuous improvement in data collection and analysis process and controls
- Review related disclosures in the annual report, investor presentations and ESG reports in line with reporting requirements
- Work with internal subject matter experts to monitor and interpret existing and upcoming regulatory requirements such as sustainability reporting standards and develop practical plans to apply them
- Contribute to periodic reporting to the Executive Committee, Audit Committee and Board as required
- Lead other non-financial reporting project activities as required.
Skills & Experience:
- Likely a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Previous relevant experience developed in a similar role or through related audit, assurance or advisory activities in one of the large international consulting firms
- Strong reporting, documentation skills and attention to detail together with the ability to work under your own initiative
- Strong excel, data manipulation, analysis and reporting skills
- Experienced and trusted project manager
- Good knowledge of governance, risk and control activities, their application to non-financial reporting and how to leverage them to build trust in the integrity of reported data
- Experience of working with complex data collection processes, handling high volumes of unstructured data
- Demonstrated ability to identify key risks, apply priorities and consider materiality given the nature of our business and the relevant regulatory and audit requirements
- A good understanding of the current UK, European and broader International regulatory environment and an interest in the future of sustainability and other non-financial reporting objectives
This role represents a fantastic opportunity to join a market leading global business. There is significant scope for the successful candidate to develop this role further, as well as move into the wider organisation.
The role is based in Central London 2-3 times per week and will have occasional international travel.
More searches like this
- Assurance Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Corporate Governance & GRC Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- ESG & Sustainability Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental, Social & Governance Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Sustainability Production, Manufacturing & Operations £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in United Kingdom