Sustainability Investment Manager
Full Time 35 hours per week
Monday to Friday (open to flexible working arrangements)
Hybrid - Based
The difference you'll make
The role holder will develop and drive the delivery of a decarbonisation programme aimed at achieving EPC band C in our client by 2030 and Net Zero Carbon by 2050, and ensure the client has a full understanding of current and projected sustainability performance by continuous data improvement. Alongside this, you'll seek out funding opportunities that maximise our investment in our stock and developing processes for the management of sustainability assets to benefit.
So, who are you?
- You will have good knowledge of developing and delivering energy efficiency action plans large using large, complex data sets and identifying anomalies in data and proposing solutions.
- Be highly proficient at analysing and evaluating complex information and develop appropriate strategies, and to present findings clearly to a range of audiences.
- As well as have experience in the building industry, ideally working within sustainability or social housing.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of developing and delivering energy efficiency action plans large using large, complex data sets and identifying anomalies in data and proposing solutions.
- Adept at working in a customer focused environment and engaging with customers and colleagues providing advice and support regarding the technicalities of energy efficiency works and financial models to deliver these works.
- Understanding of risk management, property management and property related compliance requirements.
- Proven track record in developing skills and capacity to deliver net carbon zero through partnerships with suppliers, developers, constructors, LA's, Combined Authorities and other RP's.
- Highly proficient at analysing and evaluating complex information and develop appropriate strategies, and to present findings clearly to a range of audiences.
- Working knowledge of key funding streams to decarbonise our homes and business.
- Sound knowledge of legislation and good practice relating to social housing.
- Legislative and regulatory requirements regarding energy usage within social housing context.
- Experience in the building industry, ideally working within sustainability or social housing.
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies.
- Effective stakeholder management, both internally and external to the organisation, including the ability to successfully persuade and influence others.
- Customer focused with excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work at all levels within the business.
- Results driven with strong analytical skills, including the ability to critically analyse complex information, and experience of providing meaningful management information.
- A relevant academic qualification (recognised degree standard qualification in a relevant environmental science), and/or membership of relevant professional bodies such as IEMA, CIAT, RICS or CIOB.
- Experience in delivery of large scale energy efficiency projects.
- Carrying out Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Knowledge of PAS2035
Enjoy the rewards
Working with us, you'll enjoy competitive pay, 28 days holidays plus bank holidays, a wide range of benefits, flexible working, and the chance to learn valuable new skills. We empower our people to do great work by investing in learning, personal development, and technology.
If you're the kind of person that wants to do a really great job and make a difference to our customers, we think you'll love it here. Sound like a challenge you'd like to take on?
Please apply below or contact our Housing Specialist , Jen Radcliffe for more details on
Build Recruitment Limited acts as an Employment Business for the supply of temporary workers and an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Build Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.