Sustainability Recruitment are excited to be partnering with a global shipping and logistics company in the search for a Sustainability Manager. The person recruited into this position will take responsibility for the establishment and management of the business sustainability strategy and embed a positive sustainability culture across the organisation.
This is an ideal chance for a Sustainability Manager to step into a role that gives them a high level of autonomy to own and develop strategy across the UK arm of the business to ensure they are ready to reach net zero by 2050.
Skills and experience we’re looking for
First and foremost, you’ll need to be passionate about environmental and business sustainability and preserving our planet. You’ll need an in-depth understanding of the environmental, social and economic factors as well as previous experience of leading a sustainability campaign or a project that has delivered strategic improvements to a business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Certification at a minimum of Level 3 in a Business Sustainability or Environmental Management qualification.
- Professional body membership at an appropriate level. 3-5 years of professional experience as a Sustainability Manager or equivalent role.
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience delivering content to senior leadership.
- Comprehensive understanding of environmental and climate legislation, metrics, and reporting standards.
- ISO Framework set up or management experience. Experience in any of: Business Sustainability, Environmental Science, Carbon Management & Accounting.
- Experience of ESOS, SDG, SECR, GRI and GHG frameworks.
- High level of Microsoft 365 experience with Power BI and SharePoint skills especially sought after.
What you can expect from the role
In this role, you’ll lead strategic and scientific thinking to maximise their sustainability strategy whilst being able to translate meaningful concepts to relevant stakeholders to best support the business and the environment. You’ll be the driving force behind leading a positive sustainability culture and ethos through innovative and cutting-edge initiatives.
- The subject matter expert for all Business Sustainability matters and provide advice, guidance, training and coaching to employees at all levels to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Support the commercial management team/s with sustainability expertise when engaging with business tenders and customer relations Implementing the Sustainability Strategy to meet the UK Governments legislated targets for 2050
- Work in partnership with the international team through their Sustainability and Environmental Teams
- Close liaison with their philanthropic arm to ensure correct funding and authorization philanthropic sustainability projects.
- Provide monthly reporting to meet strategic sustainability targets and UK regulatory reporting requirements.
- Using the data to inform current and future sustainability plans
- Chair the Sustainability Working Group and act as the link with the Sustainability Steering Committee Establish our ISO14001, ISO 26000 and future
- Sustainability frameworks Audit and inspection of contractors to maintain our contractor compliance matrix
- Support and assist our depots and satellite offices with impact assessments
- Ensure the implementation of improvement measures to minimize risks
Experience in different fields and topics is always valuable, so if you happen to have any of the following expertise it may be viewed favourably:
- Certification in Sustainability, Business Sustainability or similar, to level 5 or above
- Project management skills and experience managing complex, long-term workstreams and initiatives
- Auditing experience, especially based around ISO frameworks such as 26000, 14001 and 50001
- Added value certification such as health & safety, environment, auditing and security
Here’s what they offer to you:
Lifestyle – They offer hybrid working, discounted holidays via their subsidiary cruise company and buy & sell holiday scheme of up to 5 days.
Commuting – They offer electric charging points for those with electric vehicles, a cycle to work scheme and discounted bus tickets for you to use travelling to our office or for leisure.
Health – They offer you life assurance, critical illness cover, income protection for long-term absences and discounted memberships at various local gyms.
Wellbeing – They have an employee assistance programme, Mental Health First Aiders and free counselling. They also have regular podcasts on health & wellbeing topics to support our people. They also have various events and non-work related initiatives that they provide to our people throughout the year to ensure you’re getting a chance to enjoy some downtime with your colleagues.
Culture – One thing they pride ourselves on is our employee culture. Additional benefits are always helpful but it is the office culture that really makes a difference. They actively promote an inclusive culture so you feel a sense of belonging when you come to the office
So, if you feel that you are the Sustainability Manager we are looking for, please apply now.