VP, ESG & Corporate Citizenship page is loaded VP, ESG & Corporate Citizenship Bewerben locations United States - California - Foster City time type Full time posted on Vor 6 Tagen ausgeschrieben job requisition id R For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors: Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
At Gilead we believe every employee deserves a great leader. As a people leader now or in the future, we expect that you will model and create an environment of inclusion, be intentionally focused on the hiring, development, growth and retention of talent, and empower teams to align and achieve goals.
Job Description Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company that has pursued and achieved breakthroughs in medicine for more than three decades, with the goal of creating a healthier world for all people. The company is committed to advancing innovative medicines to prevent and treat life-threatening diseases, including HIV, viral hepatitis, and cancer. Gilead operates in more than 35 countries worldwide, with headquarters in Foster City, California. VP, ESG & Corporate Citizenship
Gilead Sciences is committed to engaging with internal and external stakeholders to advance our Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy and enhance our Corporate Citizenship. Gilead seeks an exceptional and inspirational executive to lead the organization's ESG and Corporate Citizenship function. This role is responsible for setting and executing Gilead's ESG strategy, leading our corporate giving efforts as well as the philanthropic work of Gilead's Foundation.
The successful candidate will be a thought leader in Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and will work closely with other leaders across Public Affairs as well as cross-functionally with the General Counsel, CHRO and CFO to align the function's efforts on delivering Gilead's ESG and corporate citizenship goals. A bold thinker who is actively involved in the business, this executive will lead a clear vision for shaping Gilead's thought leadership in this area, with the goal to advance public health and eliminate health inequities globally.
Reporting to the SVP Public Affairs, this role is based at Gilead's headquarters in Foster City, CA, and will lead a team of ESG and corporate giving professionals across the US and internationally. The VP, ESG and Corporate Citizenship is an integral member of the Global Public Affairs leadership team and will also act as a subject matter expert advisor to senior leadership across the business. Key Responsibilities: Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
- Define an enterprise wide ESG strategy aligned to Gilead's corporate priorities and long-term ambitions, calibrating goals and KPIs, tracking progress, and, reporting results
- Mobilize the company to further embed ESG into strategy, governance, operations, communications and engagement and leading efforts to define and deliver the required changes to systems, processes, mindsets, and behavior
- Provide strategic guidance to the Corporate Responsibility Committee, engage externally to elevate Gilead's presence and authority, and monitor other relevant activities of Gilead and its subsidiaries
- Analyze complex business and regulatory issues, manage divergent stakeholders, and bring together multiple concepts across functions to define the company's long-term ESG strategy
- Oversee the change and transformation plans required to deliver changes to systems, processes, mindsets, and behaviors and partner with the GC, HR, and Corporate Communications to create a sustainability-focused culture
- Shape the development of ESG goals and KPIs to deliver relevant information for stakeholders, including investors, informed by market insights
- Work with other external facing functions to position Gilead as an ESG and Corporate Citizenship thought leader.
The Gilead Foundation
- Develop a vision and operational plan to evolve Gilead's global giving in a way that accelerates progress based on the true needs of the community and enhances Gilead's reputation as a trusted partner
- Align with Patient Advocacy and Advancing Health and Black Equity teams to ensure our corporate giving efforts align to our therapy area and health equity priorities
- Effectively assess opportunities, anticipate, and mitigate risks and advise company leadership on matters of global grantmaking
- Applies best practices, compliance, and knowledge of changing regulatory environments to evolve Gilead's approach to grant-making in regions with disparate social and regulatory norms
- Leads efforts in a data-based manner to evolve internal policy, systems, and practices to serve the strategic goals of the global giving program elements and provide a seamless grantee experience
- Develops opportunities for relevant funding collaborations and partnerships to strengthen Gilead's leadership role as a corporate citizen and continue to strengthen our flagship programs such as COMPASS, RADIAN, and HepConnect
- Works closely with communications colleagues and grantees to showcase and disseminate the stories, outcomes, and learnings from global grant making
- Lead the team that drives strategy toward advancing the Foundation's vision of health equity for all and develops an innovative portfolio of high-impact grants and measurement, engagement, and communications strategies in support of those philanthropic efforts
- Oversee the development of programs that seek to engage employees, serve local communities, and seed innovative approaches to complex social issues
- Balance risk/impact/effort across all the Foundation's focus areas; determine and measure success metrics
- Lead active engagement with the local community and grant-supported organizations as a representative for the Gilead Foundation
- Lead development of a communications strategy (in close collaboration with Corporate Communications colleagues) to highlight the Foundation's contributions and galvanize other funders in the sector
- Identify, build, and strengthen multisector collaborations to demonstrate the Gilead Foundation's leadership in transformative philanthropic partnerships
- Facilitate board governance by working directly with the Gilead Foundation board of directors in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission, ensuring the mission is fulfilled through impactful programs, strategic planning, and community outreach
- Convene and lead cross-functional efforts of Government Affairs, Communications, Advocacy, and other functional aligned representatives to help position the Foundation as a thought leader
Required Qualifications (continued):
- Minimum of 15 years ESG and Corporate Citizenship leadership experience, preferably in pharmaceutical or biotech, with significant experience in the US and global markets.
- Demonstrated global experience developing ESG and Corporate Sustainability plans.
- Strong understanding of how the political and social landscape affects and shapes Gilead's ability to achieve its public health, ESG, and business objectives. A passion for engaging in public health and ESG issues.
- Proven ability to develop high-performing teams, individuals, and leaders.
- Demonstrated experience supporting change management projects, including setting the strategy and action plans.
- Proven ability to effectively manage complex and ambiguous projects, influence stakeholders, without authority, effectively network across the organization and communicate with senior leaders all within a fast-moving, challenging, and dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated experience building strong relationships across internal functions and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with delivering clean, concise messaging to senior leadership audiences
- Experience navigating and synthesizing various qualitative viewpoints and quantitative data points
Gilead Core Values
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly organized with solid attention to deal
- Experience leading a Global ESG and/or CSR function a plus
- Specific knowledge of Oncology or HIV a plus.
Integrity (Doing What's Right)
Inclusion (Encouraging Diversity)
Teamwork (Working Together)
Excellence (Being Your Best)
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact for assistance.
For jobs in the United States: As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws . click apply for full job details