Environmental Planning Technical Lead
- APEM Group
- Hybrid Working, United Kingdom
- Competitive + health insurance + benefits
- 03 Feb 2023
- 08 Feb 2023
- Employer Sector
- Business & Management Consultancy, Management & Executive, Scientific
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The APEM Group is a global environmental consultancy, we work with a range of clients including large corporations and governments to help them understand and solve a wide variety of environmental projects in the UK and globally. Our successful pioneering work has enabled us to grow and combine forces with other businesses who share our ethos and integrity. At our core, our people are working towards the protection of the environment across the globe.
Why join us?
The environmental jobs sector is rapidly expanding and so are we. We are establishing a new onshore Environmental Planning service stream within the APEM Group to collaborate with our strong existing teams within EIA, Consents, Terrestrial Ecology, GIS, Remote Sensing, Biodiversity Net Gain and Natural Capital.
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a variety of projects ranging from supporting utilities clients to grid connections for offshore windfarms across England, Wales and Scotland. We currently have a have a strong track record of obtaining planning permission for offshore renewables and you will be central in developing partnerships with our internal experts in this terrestrial focussed role.
About the role
In this role you will be providing environmental and planning services to advise clients, take forward scheme development, prepare for application submission and, ultimately, development consent.
You will establish (alongside the Divisional Director) a team to work on renewable schemes, grid-connections, public and private developments. You will also be involved in route planning and site selection (RPSS), pre-application, application, and determination phases of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects.
We will also be looking for you to help determine the business development focus areas for the team in terms of sector, client and geographies.
You will also recruit additional team members and mentor and develop them in accordance with their distinct needs.
- Significant experience within planning consultancy of advising clients on planning policy and gaining consents for renewables projects in the UK.
- You will have a relevant Planning degree.
- Licentiate Planner or qualified RTPI (or equivalent) Planner.
- You will have extensive demonstrable stakeholder engagement expertise such as public exhibitions, managing stakeholder meetings and input into supporting material relevant to EIAs.
- Excellent report writing, communication and people skills (including mentoring).
- Experience of working within the range of planning regimes, including NSIP/DCO, TCPA, S36 (Scotland) and DNS (Wales).
- Availability to travel to sites or meetings across the UK as required.
- Experience in preparing fee proposals, multi-disciplinary bids and acquiring new clients.
We expect significant interest in this flexible and rewarding role. If you think you have what it takes to join our fast-growing business, then please apply immediately on our website. All we need some basic information and your CV, we will review all applications quickly and will respond to all applications.
Please note: This role may close earlier than the date specified. If you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
More searches like this
- Advisory Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Other Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- ESG & Sustainability Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Environmental, Social & Governance Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Sustainability Scientific £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in United Kingdom