Partner, Corporate Sustainability & Climate Change (Director Level)
ERM is a global consulting firm, in the business of sustainability since 1971. We partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunities for future generations.
ERM, as the world's leading sustainability consultancy, is uniquely qualified to advise companies on risk assessments, strategy, disclosure, investor demands, and the transition to a lower carbon economy . Our global Corporate Sustainability & Climate Change (CS&CC) practice is a clear market leader, providing highly innovative advisory services from Board engagement to operationalizing sustainability and across our client's business. Our team provides strategic advice to clients, including conducting materiality assessments, setting ambitious goals, embedding ESG into business strategy and disclosing through reporting and responding to investor inquiries. With a target of reaching $50 million in sales by 2023 in North America, ERM's CS&CC practice is one of the fastest growing in a business with annual double-digit growth.
As part of the continued growth and innovation of our CS&CC team, ERM has an opportunity for an experienced leader to join our global consulting firm as a CS&CC Partner in Boston, Massachusetts and become a true owner and shareholder in a business with sustainability at its heart.
As a CS&CC Partner, you will design, develop, implement, and manage organizational sustainability programs for our power and diversified energy sector clients. In this role, you will partner with the world's largest, most exciting, and innovative clients to assess sustainability and climate change strategy, analysis, and implementation. You will have access to leaders at these companies that will value your expertise and ERM's outstanding global team of experts.
A highly organized leader who is a strong communicator and influencer will flourish in this role. A candidate with strong sustainability and water stewardship experience will assume a pivotal role in shaping a growing CS&CC practice. In this position, you will provide decarbonization strategies, solutions, and programs that foster strategic operational processes, reduce risks, and deliver efficiencies. We seek individuals to help us drive the continued growth of ERM's business through selling and delivering world-class services, recruiting, and developing our next generation of leaders, and further advancing our reputation for sustainable solutions.
Our Partnership Model Offers Unparalleled Opportunities for Leaders With Ambition, Vision And Proven Expertise
This is a Partner-level opportunity for a Principal/Director/VP-level professional looking to further their career with an equity stake in a global company that leads the field in sustainability consulting. A career as an ERM Partner is unique. Our partnership model offers unparalleled opportunities for leaders with ambition, vision, and proven expertise, providing:
- The opportunity to contribute significantly to key decisions, including the overall strategic direction of our organization.
- Meaningful equity ownership with significant financial and other rewards.
- The ability to provide "thought leadership" on a wide range of technical and business issues affecting our core markets.
- An extension of ERM's market position and reach with your established relationships and client base to further drive our growth.
- Primary focus on client relationship development, sales, and delivery of the full spectrum of ERM's consulting services to deliver strategic value to our clients across the power and diversified energy sectors. In particular, play a key role in growing ERM's CS&CC service offering across its broad portfolio of services:
- Set Strategic Direction: by understanding their changing business context for sustainability, engaging their leaders (including the Board, C-suite and operational management) in defining the case for change, and setting new direction with strong and integrated sustainability strategy.
- Implement Change: leveraging ERM's business process transformation capability, digital solutions, and deep subject matter expertise. We combine proven processes and systems with advanced technology and experienced professionals to help clients integrate ESG into the fabric of their organizations to drive continuous improvement and unlock business value.
- Actively develop commercial strategies to pursue and win new business opportunities that result in revenue growth with target clients aligned with ERM's global strategy of focusing on the world's leading organizations as part of a high functioning, dynamic team.
- Ability and willingness to listen to clients to truly understand their needs, and then co-develop novel solutions to address these needs.
- Build, grow, and manage a high-performance team, serving as a leader and mentor to consultants. Identify emerging talent and work with them to reach their full potential; ensure rising stars are nurtured, developed, and given new areas of responsibility.
- Relevant academic background in sustainability, engineering, environmental management, environmental policy, or related degree.
- 15+ years of progressive related professional and team supervisory experience in a consulting or industry environment, working substantially with private sector clients.
- Passionate about sustainability and possess substantial experience in developing and delivering world-class programs and solutions.
- In-depth understanding of utility companies, including existing relationships that can be leveraged into new business.
- Demonstrable record of accomplishment in delivering multimillion-dollar sales results annually, including successfully winning large and strategic projects.
Who We Are:
As the largest global pure play sustainability consultancy, we partner with the world's leading organizations, creating innovative solutions to sustainability challenges and unlocking commercial opportunities that meet the needs of today while preserving opportunity for future generations.
At ERM we know that creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment is an essential part of making our company a great place to build a career. We also see our diversity as a strength that helps us create better solutions for our clients. Our diverse team of world-class experts supports clients across the breadth of their organizations to operationalize sustainability, underpinned by our deep technical expertise in addressing their environmental, health, safety, risk and social issues. We call this capability our "boots to boardroom" approach for its comprehensive service model that allows ERM to develop strategic and technical solutions that advance objectives on the ground or at the executive level.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
ERM is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Thank you for your interest in ERM!