Senior Manager, Corporate Sustainability
We're seeking a Senior Manager of Corporate Sustainability to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods to work in either our NYC or Cambridge, MA offices.
Schr??dinger has pioneered a physics-based software platform that enables discovery of high-quality, novel molecules for drug development and materials applications more rapidly and at lower cost compared to traditional methods. The software platform is used by biopharmaceutical and industrial companies, academic institutions, and government laboratories around the world. Our multidisciplinary drug discovery team also leverages the software platform to advance collaborative programs and its own pipeline of novel therapeutics to address unmet medical needs.
As a member of our newly-created Corporate Sustainability Team, you'll help us do the right thing for all of our stakeholders.
Who will love this job:
- A passionate change-agent seeking to educate and drive awareness of Corporate Sustainability's critical role within a corporate organization
- An Corporate Sustainability expert who understands the importance of Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) matters as they relate to both internal and external business objectives
- An accomplished manager with a successful track record of implementing and advancing Community Engagement initiatives and programming
- An adaptable team member who can collaborate across functions
- An analytical thinker with a strong aptitude for data-gathering
- An excellent oral and written communicator with fantastic organizational acumen
What you'll do:
- Partner in the formal development of a global, long-term, comprehensive, internal and external Corporate Sustainability strategy that supports Schr??dinger's annual corporate goals, objectives, and reporting requirements
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support the development, management, and oversight of ESG-related metrics, policies, programs, practices and goals
- Oversee and manage employee and community-engagement initiatives including matching gifts, volunteerism, and other cross-functional social impact efforts
- Oversee and manage company engagement with and responses to key external stakeholders focused on the evaluation of corporate ESG practices
- Provide ongoing support for key internal and external communications channels, including our annual Corporate Sustainability Report, 10-K, Proxy, company website, blog, and social media channels
- Participate in relevant industry events to benchmark, track, and disseminate best practices, trends, and upcoming requirements to key internal stakeholders
- Track developments in ESG-related laws and regulations that may impact the company
What you should have:
- Bachelor's degree (relevant Master's degree preferred)
- At least five years of expertise and knowledge in the field, including an understanding of global ESG trends and leading practices
- Demonstrated success in achieving positive social change and establishing business-aligned Corporate Sustainability objectives, programs, and initiatives, preferably at a public company
- Robust project and budget management expertise, with superb attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for occasional domestic and international travel
Pay and perks:
Schr??dinger understands it's people that make a company great. Because of this, we're prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schr??dinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work for the past three years running.
Estimated base salary range (NYC only): $145,000 - $185,000. Actual compensation package is dependent on a number of factors, including, for example, experience, education, degrees held, market data, and business needs. If you have any questions regarding the compensation for this role, do not hesitate to reach out to a member of our Strategic Growth team.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schr??dinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.