Location: UK or Continental Europe
We give you a world of potential
The Georgeson team (as part of Computershare) is searching for a talented and motivated senior Corporate Governance professional to join our dynamic 10-member European Corporate Governance and ESG Advisory practice on a permanent basis.
We are looking for you to have experience in executive remuneration, corporate governance and/or ESG analysis, and possess a strong interest in how these issues affect companies and investors.
Our main geographical focus is on the following markets: UK, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Switzerland so some international exposure would have an advantage in this role.
Whilst our preference is for the role to be located at our Central London office, we are open to discussions from candidates based elsewhere in the UK and Europe. In particular we would also consider candidates based in Paris, Rotterdam, Munich, or Olten (Zurich), where we also have offices.
Georgeson is the world’s foremost provider of strategic shareholder consulting services. Our mission is to analyze and mitigate the risk associated with corporate actions (including AGMs, EGMs, M&A and activist situations). Our core proxy solicitation expertise is enhanced with and complemented by our strategic consulting services. Georgeson was originally founded in 1935 by Lloyd Georgeson.
In 2003 Georgeson was acquired by Computershare Limited, an Australian listed company employing over 12,000 people across the globe, providing services in over 21 countries to more than 25,000 clients. A global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation, mortgage/loans services and communications, Computershare also specialises in a range of other diversified financial and governance services and are a trusted partner of the UK
A role you will love
Reporting to our Head of Governance UK & Europe, the Corporate Governance Manager will be a key member of a global team which advises clients across the UK, Europe and parts of Asia.
There will be an emphasis on analysing corporate governance and executive remuneration issues based on documents of companies from the point of view of proxy advisors and institutional investors. Alongside this, the role holder can expect some administration and team coordination responsibilities supporting the wider team.
The work also covers a broader set of corporate governance and ESG areas (including boards of directors, shareholder rights, share capital, audit and ESG) in preparation for clients’ AGMs, EGMs, M&A transactions and activist situations.
- Analysing the executive remuneration practices of clients and their peers, identifying potential areas of investor and proxy advisor concern as well as areas for improvement.
- Taking a lead in presenting findings to key client stakeholders, including non-executive and executive board members, board/company secretaries, heads of legal, IR, compensation and compliance.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date and detailed knowledge about executive remuneration best-practice developments across all our main European markets. Support discussions with clients in presenting our findings and advice to sceptical senior audiences during the whole development and drafting process.
- Produce agenda analysis reports, assessing draft AGM documents in light of how the proxy advisors are likely to recommend and how investor voting guidelines are likely to be applied
- Produce in-depth bespoke research analysis on clients’ corporate governance and ESG arrangements, with the aim of identifying key weaknesses, potential investor criticisms and risks relating to future investor voting behaviour at general meetings
- Support the team in producing monthly corporate governance and E&S newsletters, annual proxy season reviews, client memos and other client awareness initiatives.
- Liaise with our market heads and other internal stakeholders to keep abreast of client needs and preferences as well as relevant market developments.
What will you bring to the role?
Essential Skills, Experience & Competencies:
- Degree Educated or related professional qualification
- Experience in executive remuneration, corporate governance and/or ESG analysis
- Detail-oriented, eager to learn and highly analytical
- Professional and excellent work ethic
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities with competing deadlines
- Proactive and ability to use own initiative
- Efficient organisational and time management skills
- Results driven and evidential track record of personal or professional achievement
Desirable Skills, Experience & Competencies:
- Other native/fluent European language skills (ideally German or French)
- Experience working in a client facing environment
A company to be proud of
(ASX:CPU), a world leader in financial administration with over 12,000 employees across 21 different countries delivering expertise to over 25,000 clients. At Computershare, it’s more than just a job, our open and inclusive culture means that we will help you to grow, to move forward and make the most of the world of opportunities we have available. With infinite possibilities, we could take you anywhere. #worldofpotential
Rewards designed for you
Employee Share Plan. Set aside salary to purchase shares in our company and you’ll increase your investment when you receive a generous company contribution towards additional shares.
Health and Wellbeing. Our health and wellbeing rewards can be tailored to support you and your family.
Save for Your Future. We will support you along your retirement savings journey.
Paid time away from work. Our employees enjoy a competitive paid time off package, including a day each year to volunteer time for a good cause that is important to you.
Employee Discounts. We’ve partnered with other organisations to offer you extra savings. Enjoy discounts with banks, car manufacturers, on flights, accommodation, and days out as well as with many big brand shops.
Extra Rewards. From tuition reimbursement to cash bonus recruitment referral programs, our comprehensive benefits package offers a multitude of options.
A diverse and inclusive place to work
Computershare celebrates the diversity of our people, and we welcome applications from everyone.
We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected, and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers’ needs to allow us to drive better outcomes.
We are happy to accommodate individual needs during your application journey. If you require disability accommodations or adjustments, please email us detailing your requirements and contact information.
Computershare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
In most circumstances we are currently performing interviews, assessments, and background checks online to ensure the safety of everyone involved. Should you be successful in securing a role and it can be performed from home, we will arrange for equipment to be sent to you and your onboarding and training will be provided remotely.