To Apply: Position Summary
Assured Guaranty is seeking to hire a Vice President to focus on the Company's assessment of climate risk and climate related transition risks in the Company's credit portfolio. This position will be responsible for coordinating and integrating the varied tasks associated with the Company's assessment, management and reporting of climate related risks, including modeling of value-at-risk and economic capital adequacy, stress testing, governance and risk management processes, preparation of risk reports and regulatory reporting. Primary Responsibilities
Candidate Background and Qualifications
- Provide climate scenario technical expertise to key Company stakeholder groups and lead in the development and interpretation of climate scenarios, establishing linkages between climate and economic/financial variables, and modeling implications for the Company's portfolio, new transactions, and capital adequacy. Assist in the development of climate risk-related underwriting criteria and limits.
- Support risk management compliance with emerging regulatory requirements and expectations.
- Work in close partnership with colleagues across Risk, Credit, Surveillance, Accounting and Business production teams, with responsibility for the implementation, delivery, and coordination of risk management best practice in this critical area. This would include working with third party providers of data/modeling support and presenting Climate Risk credit analysis for key transactions.
- Support and coordinate analysis and research projects on the integration of climate science and government policies into economic modeling, including review of relevant literature and major industry and academic forums.
- Engage in development of approaches and scenario design used in risk assessment, strategic planning, and regulatory deliverable contexts.
- Ensure methodological consistency and coherency across scenarios developed and used throughout the organization.
- Engage with multiple departments and colleagues to coordinate and develop scenario analytics to translate climate variables into financial and credit variable impact.
- Manage communication of scenario narratives, key underlying assumptions, and climate drivers to various stakeholders in the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience
- Background in risk management and/or climate risk preferred
- BA/BS or MS, preferably in Economics, Finance, Climate Risk, Mathematics/Statistics or Data Analytics
- Knowledge of financial markets and developing industry best practices related to climate risk
- Strong competence in Microsoft Excel, Power BI and similar tools
- Strong interest in risk management and familiarity with reporting frameworks such as TCFD
- Analytic thinker with strong detail orientation
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and keep relevant stakeholders apprised of status and relevant updates.
- The ability to work well independently as well as part of a collaborative team
All employees hired to the Company s New York office are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Employees must also be fully vaccinated in order to access the Company s New York office. You are considered fully vaccinated if at least fourteen (14) days have elapsed since your receipt of the second dose in a two (2)-dose vaccine series (such as Pfizer or Moderna) or a single dose of a one (1)-dose vaccine series (such as Johnson & Johnson). Candidates seeking a reasonable accommodation under applicable Company policies should contact Ivana Grillo, Senior Managing Director, Human Resources at . To Apply
Interested applicants can apply at the following link: